Hi guys! First of all, this mofo took me FOREVER and a half to do, so consider yourselves lucky that I love you enough to do it.
I know that I've been lacking in the FOTD area, so I wanted to make up for that by doing a tutorial on a daytime smoky bronzey look using CS 88 palette that everyone and their momma has.
What I used:
1. start with a clean/moisturized/sunscreened face. My face has LOOOOOOOAAAAADDDDDS of acne scars on it. Note to self: DON'T PICK AT YOUR FACE (especially when you are easily scarred)!!!
2. Used foundation. I'm using Rimmel Renew&Lift w/ MAC 187.
3. Apply concealer where it's needed (i.e. dark circles, acne scars, etc). I'm using Coverblend multi-function concealer in Light. It's way too light though. I have my shipment of FIVE beige ones coming in the mail. *excited*
4. Apply powder to set. I'm using Revlon Age Defying finishing powder in translucent dark w/ MAC 187. Yes, I have 2 187s.
5. Apply contour below your cheek bones. I'm using the dark brown color from the CS contour/highlight palette with MAC 168. BE CAREFUL with this color. It gets dark FAST!
6. Apply blush on the apple of your cheeks. I used the medium pink one from the palette with MAC 129.
7. Apply highlighter on your cheekbone/bridge of your nose/cupid's bow, etc. I'm using MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle with MAC 188.
Finished face look:
8. Apply eye primer. Mine is from TKB Trading called Eye Fix. It's a dupe for Paula Dorf eye primer. It's only $4 if you buy 6 (yes I did).
9. Apply a shimmery bronze color all over lid. I'm using the one that's 3rd from the bottom on the 10th column with a random e/s brush.
Harsh unblended line, anyone?
10. Apply a dark dark matte brown (last column, 2nd from the bottom) with MAC 224.
11. Apply a matte light ivory highlight on your brow bone and blend it really well with the rest of the colors. I used the the color that's in the 1st row, 3rd from the top with my Face Secret Shadow Blending brush.
12. Apply eyeliner. I'm using, as always, Stila Smudge pot in Black with a lip liner. Wing it up at the end, and connect it with the bottom liner (stop at the outer 1/3).
13. Apply the shimmery bronze in step 9 over the dark liner, smudge it out.
14. Apply liner on your waterline. I'm using MAC Costa Riche eyeliner.
15. Apply falsies if desired. I'm using Ardell's 110. It's VERY natural, perfect for everyday wear.
16. Apply mascara. I'm using L'oreal Telescopic.
17. Apply l/g, l/s, or l/b. I'm using L'oreal Jelly Balm in Succulent.
I motha fuckin' HATE how the side of my lips get cracked in winter!!! ARG!! It hurts AND it's ugly!! WTF?!
Cam-whore starts in....3....2....1!! GO!
Oh, stop, Mr. Smith! You flatter me~
I have to color my hair again! I hate my roots!
Any suggestions to what color I should go with?
How would I look like with a face lift?
Eh...not so much.
In the sunlight:
That's it y'all!! I hope this can tide you over for like a year! LOL! JK JK. Hope you enjoyed!