I know, I know, I've been MIA for a heck of a long time. With the family dinners, chill out sessions with friends, mad sales, you all should consider yourselves lucky that I didn't postpone this entry longer! LOL! I kid, I kid.
At the end of the year, it's natural for one to reflect on the past year and see what needed to be changed. For me personally, 2008 was decent. I didn't get uber ass raped like some people, but it could've been better.
The Bad: Like most people, we suffered from the tanking of the real estate market (my mom is a private investor). Miami is an area that got hit the most by the financial crisis, in some places the value of properties dropped by 30+%!!
The Good: It wasn't as bad for us as it was to a lot of people whom got foreclosed and everything Thank God my mom knew exactly what she was doing, unlike some investors who just invest b/c they thought real estate was the "It" thing.
The Bad: For the first time in my life I went against my mom's wish and changed major from Accounting to Marketing. It wasn't pretty between my and the parental.
The Good: My parents accepted the fact after a while and is now starting to support me. I'm liking Marketing A LOT more than Accounting, I knew that I'm not the kind of person who just sits in front of a computer doing calculations. I'm a lot more of a people person.
The Bad: Too much unnecessary drama between friends....'Nuff said.
The Good: In the end it made me realize who my true friends are. I know that by the end of the day I will always have my family and my BF to turn to. I've also became a lot more selective when choosing friends. As my grandma always said: "You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their friends."
The Bad: I lost my first ever pet Harry the Maltese to an evil neighbor.
The Good: They went bankrupt and is now selling their house and boats and had to get the hell out of the awesome neighborhood that they are living in. We are not (knock on wood).
As a tradition, I always make goals (I don't call them resolutions because I never follow them, it's better if it's a goal) for the new year. This year, I have set some realistic goals for myself.
1. Be at least 135lb by 12/31/2009. I know, losing weight is on every resolution, but I'm serious this time. I'm already 21, my metabolism is slowing down, I can see it on my tummy and my butt. Time to buckle down and really try to live a healthy life style.
2. Go to sleep earlier. I'm guessing maybe by 12:00am. I used to go to sleep by 4/5am, and it was a wreck for my skin, which leads to....
3. Fix my skin. My skin used to be perfect, now, due to high stress and no rest, I've got dark circles, fine lines, and if pimple scars could be food, I've got enough to feed every starving person in the world. My goal for 2009 is to rid myself of the pimple scars and get my skin to its original state.
4. Be more organized. I'm thinking of getting some organization tools from Ikea/Walmart. I've always be messy, but since I've got to be professional soon, I need to at least look the part. I will start by becoming more organized.
5. Start cooking more. I've spend WAY too much on food in 2008!! I need to start cooking because it's not only economical, it's also a stress reliever. I MIGHT start taking pics of what I make in order to track everything.
6. STOP SPENDING SO MUCH ON MAKEUP!!! I really need to stop. I've still got a few packages coming through the mail, and I'm planning on getting the 3 MAC Skinfinishes that are coming out, but other than that, I'M DONE! Fo realz this time!!
7. Be more appreciative of what I have. I've been very blessed throughout my life, I've never had to actually work for anything. My parents have been successful and I admit, I've been pretty spoiled. However, I refuse to be one of those kids that take things for granted. I vow to be more considerate to other people, including those haters, because without them, I won't be who I am today.
That's it y'all, my 2009 Goals. I hope you can share some of your goals as well.
Last but not least, I wish everybody a very happy and prosperous 2009!