The Josie Maran Daily Moisturizer is another skincare item I picked up from QVC recently (THE SEARCH NEVER ENDS!).
The product description according to Sephora:
What it is:
A new and improved hydrating, fast-absorbing, non-greasy, Argan Oil-infused daily moisturizer featuring all natural sunscreens, green tea, and innovative SunBoost ATB™.
What it is formulated to do:
This all-natural, chemical-free, lightweight sunscreen moisturizes the skin with a non-greasy texture. It features skin-loving ingredients such as green tea, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and innovative SunBoost ATB, resulting in powerful sun protection. This product includes all the benefits you'd expect from an Argan Oil-infused daily moisturizer: skin-nourishing, texture-smoothing, and radiance-boosting. Ultimate protection plus beautifying benefits—true bliss.
This product retails for $32 for a 2oz bottle, which, in all fairness, isn't that bad considering how outrageously expensive drugstore skincare are today.
It comes in an amber glass bottle with a pump. Since it's formulated without any harmful preservatives, the dark bottle helps to extend its shelf life. One pump dispenses enough product to cover my entire face and neck (gotta protect that area too!!).
The moisturizer itself is a peachy pink lotion that's pretty liquid-y. The tint does disappear after you rub it in, but it does have a nice brightening effect. However, since my skin is pretty fair, I cannot vouch for the same thing if your complexion is quite a bit darker. It has a nice fruity scent (kinda like apricot with sunscreen).
|I hope you can see the texture here.|
|Look Ma, all gone!|
- I really enjoy the scent. It's quite refreshing.
- On MY skin, it's very moisturizing and the moisturization lasts quite a while.
- The texture of the lotion is AMAZING; it feels so luxurious.
- The peachy tint really brightens up my face.
- Physical sunscreen SPF47 with natural ingredients (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide)
- Made my skin oily after a couple hours (it's rare for products to do that since I have really dry skin). If you have oily/combo skin, it might not hold up for you.
- THE WHITE CAST! Oh no, not the dreaded white cast!!! It will make you one up Casper in paleness. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use this if you know there will be flash photography.
I would highly recommend to get samples of this to try out and see how you like it before purchasing it. I wish I did that myself. DAMN YOU QVC AND YOUR LATE NIGHT PROGRAMS!
After using this product several times, I've decided that while I like it, it's not a must have. $32 is still quite a bit for something that's just "meh" to me. Unfortunately, this little guy will be going back. :(
Please let me know if you've tried this product and how you liked it. If you have any recommendations for a moisturizer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd greatly appreciate it.
As always, thanks for stopping by my blog. Until next time!