Hello there! Thanks for stopping by!
I could barely contain my excitement as I bring you this review of my newfound love.
As many of you might know, I’m not a huge fan of wearing any type of lip product. Though there are several factors, having perpetually dry lips is a big one on the list.
I’ve tried MANY lip treatments and have found a few that I like. However, the search is always on and the journey is never over. The past winter has been BRUTAL on my skin/lips. While my skin is being taken care of by my updated skincare routine, my lips have been taking a beating. I needed something more…hardcore.
Enters lanolin. I got a big tub of that off of Vitacost for super cheap. Lanolin is a yellow waxy substance derived from wool, typically from that of sheep (it sounds sexy doesn’t it). Since it’s derived from sheep, it has a rather strong weird scent. However, the scent does not last and the result is well worth it.
- Smooth: It starts off a bit thick, but as it warms up on your lips, it becomes one with your lips and creates a cushiony barrier against the elements.
- Versatile: Lanolin could be used on any area of dryness. It’s used a lot for new moms with sore nipples.
- Inexpensive: I got a HUUUUGE tub for around $10. It’ll last a long time since a little goes a long way.
- Moisturizing: The moisture actually lasts a long time! I put this on at night before bed time and it’s still there in the morning. My lips are so plump and hydrated!
- The scent: Ugh. L It’s fades after a while, but still. It’s not the most pleasant.
- Convenience: Since it’s a huge tub, it’s difficult to travel with it. I pretty much just use it at bed time and in the morning.
I don’t think I’ve seen the brand NOW solutions in your average drugstore, but another brand that’s more common is Lansinoh. You can find it in the baby section as it’s marketed as nipple cream.
Trust me on this, it’s worth a shot.
Have you tried it? What do you think of this?
Let me know down below! Thanks!