Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!
Today I’d like to share my recent skincare routine. As many of you know, I’ve had all kinds of issues with my skin. When I was in Colorado and first moved to Seattle, my skin broke out horribly despite being horribly dry. It could be the hormones, stress, diet, and the list goes on.
However, since I’ve nailed down a more streamlined skincare routine, I could definitely notice a change in how my skin looked. It’s less finicky now. Previously, it’d break out if ANYTHING changed, be it weather, new products, etc.. Now it’s a lot calmer. I often go out confidently without wearing any makeup on my face.
|Completely bare skin!|
|Just woke up with my Inkers!|
|Only some blush on my cheeks and some mascara/brows with NO face makeup. NADA!|
Since this has been highly requested (and highly procrastinated), today I decided to share what I’ve been using.
- Freeman Beauty eclos Facial Cleaning Oil—This is inexpensive, works well, and smells good. Even though I still miss my MAC cleanse off oil, Freeman’s cleaning oil works well at only1/3 of the price.
- Equate makeup remover wipes—I use this to take off swatches or on days I don’t wear enough makeup to warrant an actual makeup remover. Since Equate is a Walmart house brand, the only place to get this is, you guessed it, Walmart. However, it’s super cheap and very gentle on the skin. I’ve used this for years and, regardless of how many times temptations strayed me away, I’ve always returned to this.
- La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel—Gentle, effective, and smells nice. It’s comforting and leaves my skin clean without being over-dried. It’s just a bit pricier than I liked.
- Softymo by Kose Facial Cleansing Foam—I like foaming cleansers for a deeper clean. I got this particular one from my local Asian store, but I’ve also REALLY liked Biore steam activated cleanser.
- Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum—14% Alpha Hydroxy acid. Great chemical exfoliant. I use it every other day when my skin is behaving. I forgot to take this with me to CA over the holidays and could DEFINITELY see a difference. My skin looked so dull and my pores looked huge! I was so glad to be back home in the presence of this gem.
- Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Intense Serum—Great hydrating serum! I got a Boots No.7 set from Target for a great deal. The serum and the day cream are my favorites! This serum really smooths out my skin and preps it for moisturizer to sink in.
- Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day Cream SPF15—I got this in a set with the Intense serum. I really like this set! This cream has a nice light floral scent. I tend to use this more when it’s colder out as it’s very moisturizing. I also like how it has SPF15 since I like to have some sun protection no matter now overcast it is outside.
- Dr. Denese SPF 30 Defense Day Cream—My preferred daytime moisturizer for summer time. It’s got sufficient SPF, leaves a matte finish, and got a nice little peach tint to brighten up the complexion.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream—I use this when my skin is behaving. It’s a no-frill intense moisturizer. It contains oat proteins, white tea, ceramides, and squalene to help to sooth the skin and retain moisture. I’ve never really enjoyed thick creams since they’re usually sticky. Not this one! It’s super easy to spread and gets absorbed very quickly. A little goes a long way. I got the big-daddy 12 oz version from QVC.
- Koh Gen Do All in One Moisture Gel—So damn expensive, but worth every penny. As you all know, I’m pretty cheap when it comes to skincare/beauty. I rarely buy high-end products unless they are 1. On sale; or 2. REALLY work. Fortunately, Koh Gen Do Moisture Gel is both of them. I usually get the moisture gel for around $36 when Hautelook is doing flash sales. This is my go-to product when I want something to REALLY calm my skin (usually during PMS). It’s a special treat as it’s more $$$.
- 100% almond oil—One of my favorite beauty finds of 2014 (quite possibly ever). I fell in love with it the second I put it on my skin. The texture was amazingly luxurious yet light, as opposed to most of the other oils I’ve used before (EVOO, Avocado, coconut, argon, etc). My skin felt like silk and it literally glowed the morning after. I’ve used it consistently for over 3 months, and my infatuation with it continues to grow. It is now a stable in my skincare routine. I use it for EVERYTHING. Hair mask, body oil, facial oil, cuticle oil, etc. It’s definitely the main product that helped to improve my skin. The last pro? It’s super inexpensive! I got mine as a 2-pack on Amazon for $17 shipped.
Thanks for stopping by!